Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Mathematician

X wowed his teachers at VBS tonight.  However, it wasn't by his superior biblical knowledge or profound religious thoughts.  His teacher gave a 3 minute warning for a transition.  Without missing a beat, X piped up, "That is 180 seconds!" Everyone was astonished.  I guess most pre-k students don't know that random fact.

When they got home, Jut started quizzing him.  A few made him think for a couple moments, but he made it all the way up to 10 minutes is 600 seconds  I think that is pretty impressive for a 5.5 year old that is starting grade k this fall. 

I forget how well his mathematical abilities are since I see them every day. He knows his addition facts almost as well as his sister.  I forget that many of my eighth graders couldn't have done what he exhibited this evening. He is my mathematician.

No comments: