So, today I was in the kitchen getting lunch ready for the munchkins. I look out the back window and see C climbing the fence in the backyard to get into the cherry tree with his siblings. He is over half way up. He almost flips over the top in the 5 seconds as I consider my best course of action. If I go out and take him out of the tree, there will be an instantaneous fit and unless I bring the screaming, crying flailing child inside with me, he'll just climb right back up in the tree. If I bring him inside, he'll be inconsolable and make completing lunch mostly impossible.
However, if I leave him outside, death (or at least a cracked cranium) is imminent. But, it is going to happen before I can reach him anyway because in the 5 seconds I've been arguing with myself, he's almost taken a header twice and it will take me 30 seconds to get out there anyway and if I cause him to rush, he'll get clumsy and increase his chances of the cracked cranium. Where does that leave him, me or us?? There is no quick solution to this problem.
I sighed and asked the Lord to protect my crazy little boy for another few minutes until I could get lunch ready. Thankfully, He did. He didn't flip over the fence. He managed to wedge himself in the tree so tightly that I had a hard time getting him out once lunch was ready. God answers prayers. I don't want to test C's guardian angels unnecessarily, but I am thankful that today God said, "Yes, today I will keep him in the tree."
No comments:
Post a Comment