Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Night at the Zoo

  
Last week, we took advantage of the Wonderland of Lights at the Potter Park Zoo.  It was fun!  The entire zoo was decked out in lights.  I'm glad I wasn't on the decorating committee.  I can't imagine how many lights they had up.  It was quite phenomenal.                                                              
We saw a few animals out in the cold...the camel, a hare, the eagles...and we saw everyone inside the Feline and Primate House, Fish House and Reptile House.  We even saw a baby mandrill cozying up to his mom in the Primate House.  It was adorable!  X could have watched the monkey-type animals in the reptile house or the beautiful fish for hours! 

The zoo wasn't just all lit up, but they had all sorts of activities going on as well.  Santa was hanging out.  Several musical groups preformed in different areas.  They had a storyteller.  There was a craft station, face painting and cookie decorating area.  They had 4 types of animals on display so that the kids could see and/or touch, and they gave a great education about those animals, also.  It was very nice.
 
But, I think both kids just loved walking around and looking at all the lights.  X just cackled all night long...he'd try and trudge off into the snow to get the bigger lights.  Although, if he fell, he was stuck until Jut or I retrieved him.  I left his winter boots at home and just let him walk in his booties.  He liked the booties much better, but he's still a bit of a beached whale when he falls down.  E enjoyed picking up the clumps of snow and throwing them and just being outside.
At the end of the evening, we packed up and went for hot cocoa at Pan*era's.  We warmed up and ate some cookies.  It was the perfect end to a wonderful night.  The best part was that both kids fell asleep on the way home and stayed that way until morning!   It was a great night!

We will definitely go back!!





Posted by Picasa

No comments: